Supplemental Instruction is looking for students who:
- Are enrolled in six or more credits at KU.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- A grade of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale) in the selected course
- Content-competency as demonstrated by grade in course
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to work 12 hours per week; must be able to attend class sessions and do all of the homework in the selected course; must lead at least 2 SI sessions per week and hold anywhere from two to three office hours a week
- Demonstrate attention to detail as proven by previous work experience and application materials
Submitting your Application:
The online job application can be found on the University of Kansas Employment page.
To find the Supplemental Instruction Leader application, select "Academic Achievement & Access Center" in the "Search by Department" drop down list. Select "Apply Here" on the "Pool - AAAC Supplemental Instruction Leader" entry.
Two references are required including at least one from the instructor in the content area of the course. A cover letter and resume are also required.
Please read the forms carefully. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 785-864-7733 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.